To be a leader in Hydro Power Development by adopting best Engineering & Managment practices.
Water is nature's most precious gift to mankind. Hydel power is a clean and green power as compared to other conventional power generated using fossil fuel. India - thanks to the mighty Himalayas - is blessed with immense hydel power potential. The development of this vast power potential has been given the top priority by the Govt. of India.
Teesta Urja Limited(TUL) has been formed to play an active and vital role in the hydro power development initiative of the Govt. of India.TUL has been awarded the 1200 MW Teesta Stage III hydro power project on BOOT basis, for a period of 35 years by Government of Sikkim(Gos). GoS also is a joint venture partner in the project.
The project is a run of the river scheme in the North Sikkim district and utilizes the available gross head of 800 meters. The project is schedule to be commissioned in 2011-12.
The Project is conferred with Mega Project Status by the Ministry of Power, Government of India on 2nd June 2010.
River Diversion achieved on 15th January 2010.
- Around 99.4% of cumulative tunneling completed in the project.
- 71% of the Rock filling completed in Concrete Face Fill Dam (CFRD).
- Cut off Wall Excavation works commenced in Dam Site.
- HRT Excavation achieved on June 4, 2011. Till date 5856 m of overt lining completed.
- Surge Shaft - Break Through achieved between the pilot hole and sinking face on July 8, 2011.
- Vertical Pressure Shaft 1 (645 m): Excavation completed.
- Vertical Pressure Shaft 2 (645 m): Break Through achieved between the pilot hole and sinking face on July 30, 2011.
- Electro-Mechanical works commenced in all six units.
- Steel liners erection commenced in Pressure Shaft.